Fountain Le Samson
On the Baudouvin estate, in front of the château named after the statue on top, this is the most monumental of all. It represents Samson striking down a lion.

It was built in the 17th century by the owner of Baudouvin, seigneur De Thomas, in honor of his son's marriage to a demoiselle De Nas de Tourris.
The allegory is interpreted as the domination of the seigneury of Baudouvin (embodied by Samson) over that of De Nas de Tourris, whose shield bears a lion sticking out its tongue.
The statue was removed by the Germans in 1942 and reinstalled by Admiral Barjot in 1957.
An ancestral legend promises happiness to newlyweds who come to drink its water.
The wife will be fertile and the husband vigorous! But beware, it only works for Valettois!
Theme
- Historic patrimony
- Fountain
Photo gallery
Spoken languages
- French
Prices
Free access.
Opening
-
Display phone number