Église Sainte-Anne
The church: at first a military chapel, was built between 1849 & 1851 on Father Olliver request. It became in 1929 the parish church of Sainte-Anne.

The church: at first a military chapel, was built between 1849 & 1851 on Father Olliver request. It became in 1929 the parish church of Sainte-Anne.
Inside you can see the Stations of the Cross done in 1869 by Joseph Wargnier a soldier in recovery at the sanitary facility of Porquerolles. Encouraged by the Military Chaplain and Priest of the Island, Father Ollivier, one by month, every 14 stations is cut by knife in walnut wood. Once set in the church, the masterpiece was officially inaugurated. After his recovery, the artist was supposed to reach his battalion, but he deserted. During the war council in Constantine, he avoided the supreme punishment due to Father Ollivier who went to plead his case in court. Returning home in 1873 he did another Station of the Cross in Béthisy-Saint-Pierre in Oise.
The Sainte-Anne church treasure was listed in October 19th 2019 as a “Monument Historique”.
Theme
- Church
- Historic patrimony
- Religious heritage
Photo gallery
Spoken languages
- French
Equipment / Services
- Reception of people with reduced mobility
Prices
Free access.