Historic site and monument

Chapelle Notre-Dame du Fenouillet

La Crau

ND du Bon Secours chapel, more commonly known as ND du Fenouillet, dates back to 1880. It was built on the site of a small 13th-century monastery, first occupied by Beguines, then Augustines. The site was abandoned and destroyed under...

The Chapel of Our Lady of Bon Secours, more commonly known as Our Lady of Fenouillet, dates from 1880. It was built on the site of a small 12th-century monastery that was occupied successively by the Beguines and then the Augustinian nuns. The site was abandoned and destroyed during the Revolution. A chapel rebuilt in 1857 was completely destroyed by fire. The current chapel was built in 1880.

To the southwest of the chapel, a small trail leads to the summit of Mount Fenouillet (291 meters), which offers a remarkable view of the Giens Peninsula, the Hyères Islands, and the Toulon harbor.

Theme

  • Chapel
  • Religious heritage

Vidéo

Spoken languages

  • French

Opening

All year round weekends. Open Saturdays from 2:30 pm to 5 pm except from mid-June to mid-September. Open Sundays from 2.30pm to 5pm from early May to mid-June.

Historic site and monument

Chapelle Notre-Dame du Fenouillet

CHAPELLE ND DU FENOUILLET Chemin du Fenouillet 83260 La Crau

Getting there with Google Maps