Chapelle Notre-Dame de Consolation
Located on the site of a n ancient sanctuary destroyed in 1944, the church was rebuilt in 1952 by architect Raymond Vaillant, with the participation of Parisian sculptor Jean Lambert-Rucki, member of the Union des Artistes Modernes, founded by Robert Mallet-Stevens, and master glassmaker Gabriel...

This chapel is located on the Costebelle hill, where a sanctuary dedicated to Notre Dame has existed since the 11th century. It was completely destroyed during the Provence landings in 1944. This resolutely modern chapel was rebuilt in 1952 to the designs of Hyerois architect Raymond Vaillant. The façade features sober sculptures by Polish artist Jean Lambert Rucki, a member of the Union des Artistes Modernes founded by Robert Mallet-Stevens. The stripped-down interior is illuminated by a masterpiece of colored glass tiles by the talented master glassmaker Gabriel Loire. This stained-glass window traces the history of the sanctuary back to Saint Louis.
References
Theme
- Chapel
- Religious heritage
Photo gallery
Vidéo
Spoken languages
- French
Prices
Free access.
Opening
-
Display phone number