La fontaine de La Convention
The first fountain, known as the Gourguette, was built in 1561, but its location is not precisely defined.

The name "Gourguette" comes from the existing deep stream, which was reminiscent of a small gorge, "gouargo" in Provencal.
A new fountain, the "Fontaine neuve", was built in 1779 "in front of the bakery". The fountain is fed by an underground canal, a terracotta pipe, which leads to the washhouse, the Canal de la Renardière.
At the start of the French Revolution, this square, lined with facades where stylish doors alternate with stores, was truly the center of the town. It was here, in 1790, that the municipality created the commune's first regulated parking area.
This fountain was rebuilt in Tourris stone, with a washhouse, in 1858 and named "Fontaine Sainte Cécile" or "Font-Crousade" or "Croustade" because it is topped by a cross.
The washhouse was demolished in 1891 due to bad odors.
On September 15, 2005, the new, redesigned square was inaugurated. The fountain has been relocated, rotated 90°, and extended with a drainage channel and spillway.
Theme
- Historic patrimony
- Fountain
Photo gallery
Spoken languages
- French
Opening
-
Display phone number
-
Write to the owner