La Font Vieio fountain
Located on Avenue Char Verdun, it no longer flows. Built in 1586, it owes its name to one of the oldest mother fountains, which fed it via an underground pipe.

In 1771, residents of rue Sainte Anne complained that the water was no longer flowing, and work was undertaken to clear the pipe.
The fountain was 3 m long and only 0.80 m wide (a width of 1 m would have encroached on the street and hindered traffic), leaning against the front of the building and fed by two "griffons" emerging from the wall.
It no longer flows since the fountain on rue François Paul was removed.
The inscription "Fouant d'Espargno" is recent, due to the presence of a branch of the Caisse d'épargne de Toulon between 1950 and 1970.
Qu vau de bouano aigo vague à la bouano fouant.
(He who wants good water goes to the good fountain).
Theme
- Historic patrimony
- Fountain
Photo gallery
Spoken languages
- French
Prices
Free access.
Opening
-
Display phone number