Fontaine Font-Longue
The first fountain on this site dates back to 1668. In 1757, it became Fontaine du Portalet or Fontaine de la Chapelle. In 1826, the octagonal basin with sloping stones became a public washhouse. The most popular and comfortable place to wash...

The first fountain on this site dates back to 1668. In 1757, it became Fontaine du Portalet or Fontaine de la Chapelle. In 1826, the octagonal basin with sloping stones became a public washhouse. It was the most popular and comfortable place for washerwomen at the time, as evidenced by the painting by painter Amoretti.
It is adorned with an obelisk in memory of Napoleon, whose family stayed in La Valette in 1793, during the siege of Toulon. The obelisk is surmounted by the pigne, symbol of Valletta since 1696.
Theme
- Historic patrimony
- Fountain
Photo gallery
Spoken languages
- French
-
Display phone number
-
Write to the owner