Château La Tour de l'Evêque
The Sumeire family, owners of Front-Freye since 1933, acquired this large estate near Pierrefeu du Var in 1958.

Once an ecclesiastical property and the summer residence of the bishops of Toulon, it has the unusual distinction of bearing two names: Château La Tour de l'Evêque and Château La Tour Sainte Anne. The name Sainte Anne is thought to have come from a chapel that was once a place of pilgrimage. The history of this estate is part of the history of Provence and France. Régine Sumeire continues the family tradition. At the end of 2010, work began on a major extension to the winery and the bottling and storage facilities, using gravity principles. The winery was operational for the 2011 harvest. Our practices: organic farming, biodynamic practices, horse-drawn ploughing, manual harvesting, sorting in the vineyard, massal selection. Our principles: Respect for the terroir, gravity-fed vinification, trials with indigenous yeasts, whole bunch pressing, Champagne press. Wine walks, guided tours, introductory tasting sessions, by prior arrangement. Organic producer and conversion to biodynamics.
References
Type of products
- Wines
Photo gallery
Spoken languages
- English
- French
Visit languages
- French
- English
Visits
Groups
- Guided tour on request
Individual
- Guided tour on request
Equipment / Services
- Reception of people with reduced mobility
- Sale to property
Location
- Sortie d'Autoroute à moins de 5 km
- Sur une exploitation agricole
Prices
From €13 to €32.
Means of payment
- Credit card
- Cheques and postal orders
- Online payment
- Transfer
Opening
-
Display phone number
-
Write to the owner